This new Interim Release is the first of the post-1.0 releases, and brings the Interim Release train up to date with the latest few changes that made it into the Public Release of 1.0 since Interim Release r172 was posted.
Here's what's new since the most recent Interim Release, r172:
- Redirectable URLs - From here on in, all Interim Releases will bring you directly to the page for the latest Interim Release when a new version is detected. Previously, we'd just take you to the Dev Blog and leave you on your own.
- List Manager UI Tweak - Changed the "Open List" button and the "Open..." right-click menu entry to be "View" instead, to match what we've got up in the top section.
- No Duplicate Lists - We now should be correctly handling list entries, so that you don't end up with duplicate lists. This was mostly a problem if you added a list via checkbox and also via the dropdown list.
- Sorted Lists - Dynamic lists should now be sorted (by description) whenever opening/closing the List Manager.
- New Tray-menu Items - Added "Help" and "Support" entries to the right-click menu for the system-tray icon, taking you to our online User Manual and Forums sites, respectively.
- Updated Credits - Updated the credits to make sure everyone who's contributed to PeerBlock 1.0 received the credit they're due.
- Don't Install Manual - On new installations, the User Manual will no longer be installed locally to your machine. If you're upgrading from a previous version, the manual files will be deleted.
- About Window Tweak - The "Launch Homepage" button on the "About" window now takes you to www.peerblock.com, instead of our old sites.google.com hosted page.
- Installer Tweaks - The installer now has a PeerBlock icon! Also, removed the "License" shortcut from the Start Menu.
Get it Here
PeerBlock 1.0+ (r187) Installer - This is the recommended download for most users.
PeerBlock "Portable" Packages:
- PeerBlock 1.0+ (r187) for Windows 2000 / XP, 32-bit - .zip file, no installer
- PeerBlock 1.0+ (r187) for Windows XP, 64-bit - .zip file, no installer
- PeerBlock 1.0+ (r187) for Windows Vista / 7, 32-bit - .zip file, no installer
- PeerBlock 1.0+ (r187) for Windows Vista / 7, 64-bit - .zip file, no installer
Once again, thanks for helping test out the latest and greatest version of PeerBlock. We're starting to target stuff to work on in the 1.1 timeframe, planned for release in December or January - if you'd like to help us plan, don't forget to check out our Issue Tracker and "star" things you'd like to see implemented!
I'm planning to release new Interim Releases no more than once every couple of weeks. Hopefully this will be a good compromise between getting out new fixes and features to y'all, and not inundating you with a ridiculous amount of upgrades to have to download.
--- Mark ---